?

Log in

No account? Create an account

Previous Entry | Next Entry

Waaaah?

Has anybody else heard about this?

http://www.starwars.com/community/event/celebration/f20050419/indexp17.html

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not...

Comments

( 16 comments — Leave a comment )
bonesinger
Apr. 28th, 2005 03:57 am (UTC)
I actually saw DVDs of animated Star Wars in Target today. Not Clone Wars, but Ewoks, Droids and something else equally as unmentionable.
harkon
Apr. 28th, 2005 03:57 am (UTC)
Yeah, I saw the banner on rpg.net, is that where you saw it too? I would say it is nominally a good thing. It is too geeky for me, and I dread hearing about old folk complaining about everything when the latest movie comes out. However, I imagine that most people there are going are going by choice and are really excited by it (even if they will complain on the net about how much it sucked), or are so weak willed they couldn't convince themselves not to spend a lot of money to do something they don't like so don't deserve my sympathy.
harkon
Apr. 28th, 2005 04:06 am (UTC)
Oh wait, you meant the cartoon rather than the SW Convention thingy... Well yeah, the cartoon is probably ass, but no more ass than the other cartoons shown on a Saturday morning these days. In fact it probably has less ass because there are at least things that you can understand. I have watched cartoons that make less sense than the subtitles of an anime intro song.
arienmir
Apr. 28th, 2005 04:00 am (UTC)
The idea of a "young star wars" chronicle scares me...
(Deleted comment)
arienmir
Apr. 28th, 2005 04:07 am (UTC)
Some times more star wars is a bad thing... it leads to Jar-Jar... Buy I think you are right it all depends on who gets their hands on it to write and direct and how much budget they have. We can only hope it's not Lucas ;) You know I think that last thought might be some sort of sacrilege.
mareth_redorb
Apr. 28th, 2005 04:18 am (UTC)
Maybe we'd get the spin-off series "Killing Gungans for Fun and Profit", or is that just wishful thinking?
harkon
Apr. 28th, 2005 05:10 am (UTC)
There is a SW real time strategy game which is basically SW skins on top of Age of Empires 2 and one of the races are Gungans. From the small amount of experience I have with the game, they seem to suck totally 90% of the time and suck only mildly the other 10% of the time. It is a joyous moment when you see a Sith running around gutting Gungans backed up by a few dozen of those rolling droids.
mareth_redorb
Apr. 28th, 2005 05:17 am (UTC)
Ahh, sweet vengeance......

Hypothetical question:
In a pitched battle between Star Trek Red Shirts (who always die from enemy fire) and Imperial Stormtroopers (who can't hit shit after hitting a Jawa Sandcrawler - that was their accuracy budget), who would win?
harkon
Apr. 29th, 2005 12:51 am (UTC)
I am not well versed in Star Trek lore, but I would say the the Stormtroopers would win eventually. With my understanding of nameless mooks, I imagine that Red Shirts are quite capable of running/jumping into any stray shots. So as long as the Stormtroopers kept shooting the Redshirts would do their job and die horribly.
mareth_redorb
Apr. 29th, 2005 01:02 am (UTC)
Fair point. Some day I will collate everyone's answers (when I'm too bored to be working) and publish it as a thesis in speculative probability.
thorfinn
May. 4th, 2005 04:40 am (UTC)
Actually, the stormies win fast. Stormies *do* hit good guy minions, they just can't hit heroes.
mareth_redorb
May. 4th, 2005 04:42 am (UTC)
Good point.
harkon
Apr. 28th, 2005 04:13 am (UTC)
I wonder how the original trilogy would come out if they were for a remake ala Pyscho, where all the dialogue and camera angles remain the same but with a little bit more fluff around the edges. And cool cameos like Mark Hamill being Dark Vader.
baralier
Apr. 28th, 2005 04:35 am (UTC)
Yeah the TV series rumours have been going around for a while and there was an official confirmation in about February. I've heard rumours that Kevin Smith was being involved in writing the live action one but nothing further on that front.

Speaking of which read this. Kevin Smith, Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright discuss Revenge of the Sith after having seen a dodgy trailer back in March.
taavi
Apr. 28th, 2005 06:07 am (UTC)
"Baron Papanoida". heh.
( 16 comments — Leave a comment )