* Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
*If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
*Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
* Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
*If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it. You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call. There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. To be taken out to dinner, somewhere nice and non-threatening.
2. An enormous cocktail (with NO tequila in it), preferably served with a little umbrella
3. Icons for me. I love icons, and can't get enough of them. I sometimes just sift through my icon folder on my hard-drive just to look at all the prettiness.
4. Extra space for more lj-user pics (see above wish); http://www.livejournal.com/support/faqbrowse.bml?faqid=180
5. Character art. I have so many rpg characters (and NPCs for that matter), it would be grand to get some character art for one or more of them.
6. Samurai Jack on DVD
7. Cherry cheesecake
8. Caviar. Preferably honest to goodness stergeon roe, but that's almost impossible to get in australia at the moment.
9. "Grass for His Pillow", Lian Hearn, on CD (published by the ABC store)
10. A new tenugui
Spead the joy. :)
Thanks and love to bishi_wannabe for no. 4 on the list. Mmmmm - 50 icons...