I knock over and spill a bottle of a chemical so noxious, any spill would require the evacuation of my entire floor and possibly myself requiring artificial respiration (that is if I didn't choak on my own vomit first).
Fortunately, I did this inside a fume cupboard with the sash pulled down as low as I could manage, I had double-gloved (including nitrile gloves! wheeee!), and I had my summer student nearby to follow my instructions of "get me some water, some tissues, fresh gloves, and zip-lock bags". I remained as calm as I could, and I didn't tell him how dangerous the chemical was until after I had cleaned it all up and the lab was out of danger.
Gotta love DL-2-methylbutyric acid. https://fscimage.fishersci.com/msds/92625.htm
It's times like that when you remember that science is actually potentially very dangerous and, in it's own way (as barrington will tell you), sexy and very cool.