Today my shipment of Tannerella forsythensis finally arrtived, after I ordered it in Febuary. Apparently, even ATCC had problems growing it, which I find down-right hilarious. So today we are trying to revive one of the vials, one in standard Tannerella broth (supplemented with N-acetyl muramic acid), and one in a media developed by Dr Sissel from New Zealand. We'll see how we go.
Also, I'm off to a conference on Treponema denticola today out in Monash somewhere. I got priority to go, because apparently I am turning into an expert in the field, which I find quite funny. Next thing you know I'll be introducing myself in a James Bond kind of a voice: